ABOUTEdward Simon & Co. was established in 1975. We specialize in commercial sound, video, and communication systems. Our particular emphasis is in engineering and design build projects of large to very large size. We have worked with many clients and manufacturers to introduce new technology to our projects. Some of our firsts include:
- The first large scale computer-controlled stadium sound system
- The first digital signal processing-steered loudspeaker array
- One of the first and largest audio over Ethernet systems
- The first non-application specific multiple control system in a large venue
- The first internal digital signal processed loudspeaker
- The first lightweight, full-size line array
R&DThrough research and development we stay on top of whats happening in the audio industry and can offer you the best products and solutions.
- We work closely with many manufacturers in designing new products.
- Edward sits on various committees of the AES (Audio Engineering Society) and helps to develop standards for everything form speaker testing to digital signal format.
- Edward is a published electronics researcher
- Edward is in the process of publishing his research on noise distortion in power supplies which includes building on previously published research on measuring distortion in resistors at extremely low levels.
CUSTOM SOLUTIONSTo enable us to produce innovative solutions we have a fully equipped shop. We can work with you to create any custom piece you need from rack panels and snake boxes to large scale speaker clusters. Having a fully equipped shop also allows us reduce the time and cost of custom solutions. Located just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, our facility houses:
- Wood shop
- Metal shop
- Finishing shop
- Electronics shop
- Auto-CAD capabilities
INSTALLATIONSEdward Simon & Co. has completed many installations across the nation. We complete installs quickly, neatly, and to the complete satisfaction of the client. We are not only experienced in the physical skills of installation, our staff is trained to operate and program the latest audio DSP and control technology and holds certificates from companies such as Crestron and QSC. The following is a list of some of the more notable jobs from the past.
- The Verizon Center - Washington, DC
- Alaska Airlines Field - Seattle, WA
- KFC Yum! Arena - Louisville, KY
- Nationwide Arena - Columbus, OH
- Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA
- Grund Arena - Cleveland, OH
- Milan Puskar Stadium - Morgantown, WV
- Jerry Uht Ball Park - Erie, PA
- Dozens of other minor league and college facilities
TELEVISION & RADIO
- WYEP Community Broadcast Center
- WCYJ FM Radio
- Atlantic Teleproduction
- Tennessee Titans Video Production/Scoreboard Control Room
- Museum of Modern Art
- Wheeling Island Casino
- The Flint Center
- Blaisdell Performing Arts Center
OTHER SERVICESThough we specialize in installations we also offer other expertise services for existing venues or future venues:
- Full System Tuning: Large and Small
- Any system can benefit from a competent tune up
- Improve speech intelligibility, clarity, and or musicality
- Full selection of tuning equipment including Smaart, STIPA Meters, Decibel Meters, and more
- Clients include: Century Link Field and Alaska Airlines Field (Seattle, WA), Verizon Center (Washington, DC), Heinz Field (Pittsburgh, PA)
- New Systems Consulting and Design
- A well-designed system always saves money in the long run
- Our relationships with manufactures and researchers can lead you to the best, most cost-effective technology
- 40 years of experience in countless design scenarios
- Custom Software/DSP/Interface design and programming
- In-depth understanding of audio interfaces and technology
- Access to top programmers
- System Maintenance
- A well-maintained System is a functional system
- Prevent system failures and save money by extending your system's life
- Clients include: Verizon Center (Washington, DC), many other venues and houses of worship
CONCLUSIONAt Edward Simon & Co. we hold ourselves to a high standard. We continue to provide the best audio/video systems at the lowest possible cost. Our references speak volumes for our engineered systems and services. We continue to evolve as a premier custom fabrication shop. From our first computer (a then new 1978 PDP8) to the latest technology, we do not merely keep up with the cutting edge - we help make it.
We invite you to explore our website and contact us with any questions you may have. Let's work together to create the cutting edge of installed audio performance.